Monday, August 4, 2008

My quest......

Ok, the quest at hand is to find a survival job that allows me to still persue my acting/singing/whatever. Now there are several characteristics that this job must possess.
#1 Good people and something I feel passionately about (ex. performing arts, animals(especially dogs), fashion, planning things, problem solving, shopping, creating, and ministries). Shouldn't be too hard, right?
#2 Money, more than I am making now ( I have things to save up for and bills to pay off!)
#3 Flexibility (so I can still hit up auditions and travel away for concerts and shows...)
Ok, I think those are the only three requirements.
As for me,
I have a Bachelors Degree, am smart (so I've been told), crafty (definately), really good at solving problems, personable, punctual, able to multi task in a single bound, extremely proficient with online research, professional, punctual, able to meet dealines, creative, and have a variety experience.
I have worked in the food industry and have countless experience, everything from catering, to bartending, to country clubs, to fast paced restaurants...
Administrative/clerical work......I have done office management, payroll, invoicing, bill paying, customer service, production efficiency reports, answering phones, filing, QuickBooks, Microsoft Outlook, data entry etc..
Sales-Outside sales for an employment agency, tele-fundraising for a theatre company
Retail-Bloomingdales, Metropolitan Opera Shop

This is a general overview of things that I have done.
I am looking for ideas....anyone? I have a few crazy out there ideas that i am willing to discuss for feedback. Look for it, coming soon!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Good luck on the job hunt. I too am looking for a job. Blech. No fun!

As for your open house suggestion--I LOVE open houses! For about a year that's how we spent every Sunday afternoon. We'll have to start doing it again in Chicago.