Friday, May 2, 2008

Story at 11: Jerry Seinfeld holds up McDonalds in Chicago and forces them to fry a ho ho!

I'm super excited to be going to Chicago this weekend, and I want to really experience the city. I never thought it would be possible for "moi" to travel lightly. I try to be low maintenance, and for the most part I am, but I require a lot of things for my daily routine. ......and now that the airlines have implemented all these liquid rules about how much face cleaner you can carry on with you, well it just makes my job that much more difficult. However, I do believe that I have succeeded! One Rolly bag with clothes and toiletries absolutely small enough to fit inside an overhead bin "CHECK". Granted, I will probably have to bring a really big purse so I can fit overflow.....but hey, I'm making progress.
Frank and I went to see Jerry Seinfeld last night. Frank has seen him live two other times, and told me i was in for a treat. Of course i was expecting great things! J. S. has had an amazing career, he's just funny, the sound of his voice, the inflection...just funny. He also has the Bill Cosby, no need to curse thing going for him, that is respectable in of itself. For those of you who know me well, you will know that I don't really curse. I have a few choice words, but you will most likely never hear any of the big ones drop from my mouth. I don't judge people that do use it, it's a free country, i just choose not to. Back to the show....the bar did a really clever thing and had two Seinfeld themed drinks "the yadda yadda yadda, and man hands" I had a yadda yadda yadda...it tasted like a cosmo. A drink before a comedy show is a good idea (according to Frank) is loosens you up a little and gets you ready for the laughs! I am going to rate the show6 out of 10. I know that may sound harsh, but I really wanted and expected to laugh more than I did. He had some very funny material, but I guess just not as much that I personally could relate with. Definately worth the money, but not the best comedy show I have ever seen.
On the way home Frank and I discussed, among other things....fried food. These days, people fry everything, from twinkies, to snickers, to onions, to....well you name it they fry it. However we came up with two things that "to the best of our knowledge" have not been fried/tried....peppers, and ho ho's. I don't like peppers, so they don't really interest me. I figured there was probably a reason why people don't do fried peppers. But the ho ho's ......Hey, if there is someone out there with a fryer, please try frying a ho ho and let me know how it turns out. :)

1 comment:

LMC said...

They fry jalapeno peppers. And combined with cheese make my favorite cheat food. Delicious! And Jerry was an 8.5 for me. Sooooo funny!! Glad we got to see you guys last night!