Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Welcome and Hot Stone Massage!

Welcome to my first official blog under the above title. My purpose in creating this blog is, no particular reason. In fact........ really, my reason for doing this is because I have found myself reading other blogs and really enjoying that. I am slightly concerned that mine won't live up to the standards set by these "other ones" but........we will give it the old college try.

First off, you may be wondering why I chose to title this adventure peanut butter puffins. Well, I really really love peanut butter.......and, any word that ends in an "in" is cute! Go ahead I challenge you to come up with a word, a real word, that ends in "in" that isn't cute. I think that peanut butter actually is one of the most perfect foods. Lots of protien, goes great with Jelly, and......ok, this is making me hungry, i'm going to stop now, besides...you get the point.


So, I had a hot stone massage yesterday! It was my first one, ever! I didn't really know what to expect. So i just layed there on the table, naked, with the blanket pulled up to my chin. Wait, let me rephrase that, I wasn't naked, I had on underwear. Ok, so i am on the table, and she starts out by kind of placing them under my shoulders *ok, not too bad* so then she kind of started the massage with her hands and then got the stones. They were pretty hot, but they didn't burn, I was kind of expecting them too....I was looking forward to them burning so that i could suffer through the pain for the end all outcome. Well we continued on like this for quite some time and I remember flipping over and then that's it. Yeah....I know what you are thinking and I am thinking it too..I think i may have fallen asleep. I never fall asleep in massages or facials or getting my hair done. Now, a movie, is a different story I have been known to fall asleep a time or two during a flick but NEVER a massage. Boy, it's a good thing I don't snore. But I guess that goes to show how relaxing a hot stone massage can be. I do think next time I will opt for the regular massage, but I'm definately not knocking the HSM.
More Latah my peeps!

No comments: