Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Idiots who post things they know nothing about!

I am a HUGE American Idol Fan, and an even HUGER Musical Theatre Fan. Naturally, I was really looking forward to last night's episode with *picture me using a British accent* Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber! Wow, I mean....what a thrill to be performing for him in the first place. I know you are going to make fun of me for this next statement, but I did research leading up to this episode. I went on websites to see what other fans had predicted for the contestants this week.
I read posts from people who apparently love musical theatre and people who had never heard a musical in their life. There were people who tried to predict what the contestants would sing ( I did it too, *sigh*). Some of these "idiot" people assumed because it was the music of Andrew Lloyd Weber and because they were meeting him in Las Vegas at the Phantom of the Opera theatre that everyone was doing Phantom of the Opera music. Come on people! American Idol is far too smart to limit the contestants to just Phantom. Please! Let me just say that every prediction that I read was wrong. The contestants really suprised me! I won't go into detail about who sang what, and what I thought of each individual performance, but overall it was a pretty decent week.
To be a truly great singer/performer you have to be a good actor! Absolutely have to! Andrew (we are on a first name basis now) was trying to hit this point home, by emphasizing how important it is to sing the words . I really think that David Archuletta was the only one that really got what he was saying and used the words as instructed.
I think it's time for Castro and Brooke to go. Never really liked either of them that much to begin with. People.....they just aren't very good singers. Get over it!

No comments: